Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-46 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

TRS Play Order AND MORE!!!

From: GRAHAM.G.R.DOMBKINS@BHPMELMSM.BHP.bhpmel04.telememo.au
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 1993 00:11:42 +1000
Subject: TRS Play Order AND MORE!!!
To: Love-Hounds@uunet.UU.NET (Receipt Notification Requested) (Non Receipt Notification Requested)
Alternate-Recipient: Allowed
X400-Content-Type: P2-1984 (2)
X400-Mts-Identifier: [/PRMD=BHPMEL04/ADMD=TELEMEMO/C=AU/;BHPMELMM Nov 15 11:11:39 1993]
X400-Originator: GRAHAM.G.R.DOMBKINS@BHPMELMSM.BHP.bhpmel04.telememo.au
X400-Received: by mta clix.aarnet.edu.au in /PRMD=OZ.AU/ADMD=TELEMEMO/C=AU/; Relayed; Mon, 15 Nov 1993 10:11:15 +1000
X400-Received: by /ADMD=telememo/C=au/; Relayed; Mon, 15 Nov 1993 10:12:00 +1000
X400-Received: by /PRMD=BHPMEL04/ADMD=TELEMEMO/C=AU/; Relayed; Mon, 15 Nov 1993 11:10:01 +1000
X400-Received: by /PRMD=BHPMEL04/ADMD=TELEMEMO/C=AU/; Relayed; Tue, 16 Nov 1993 00:11:42 +1000
X400-Recipients: Love-Hounds@uunet.UU.NET

Hi all!

    I've got LOTS to tell you today!! :-) :-) First an answer to the alternate
suggested play order.

[ Stuff from Ed and Craig about the possible alternate play order of TRS
deleted ]
I sez...
>    Hang on Ed, I happen to have got a pre-release demo of TRS on tape and
it's
>lyric sheet -IS- different to the play order. I can't remember off hand how it
>goes but I'll let you all know tomorrow after I've got home and checked it
out.

    We I checked the gate fold lyric sheet from the tape and the order IS in
the suggested alternate order.
i.e.:

Rubberband Girl
And So is Love
Eat the Music
Moments of Pleasure
The Song of Solomon
Lily
The Red Shoes
Top of the City
You're the One
Big Stripey Lie
Why Should I Love You
Constellation of the Heart.

    I think Craig is quite right in that the album plays very well in that
order. What do the rest of you think??

    Now for the other BIG news. When I got home from work last Friday there was
a parcel waiting for me from EMI Australia. I tare the thing open and out fall
TWO TRS promo CD'S and a VIDEO!!!!!! OH MY GOD!!! :-) First to the CD's. The
Australian CD's look like the US addition except that it reads 'The Red Shoes'
across the TOP and 'Kate Bush' across the bottom (I believe this is the same as
the UK addition?) The cover insert folds out to be about 1/3 larger then the US
insert (you get a slightly bigger picture of Kate out of this) and the fruit
behind the lyrics is fully coloured. The CD itself has a full colour picture of
the dancing shoes cover. In all a very nice package.

    Now to the VIDEO! 8-) It reads on the spine

        EMI Australia
        Kate Bush - Red Shoe Introduction
        Promotional Video

    Here comes the blow-by-blow of what was on it...

    It starts with TRS logo rolling into picture from the right and then the
title TRS/KT appearing around it with TRS to the top like the UK/Oz album
cover. The background music swells into ASiL and then we fade into a beautiful
still of KT. After about 5 seconds of this the TRS logo rolls past and this
sweeps us into RBG (the original  version) This video is pretty much the
standard original RBG -but- I believe the colour is much brighter then all the
versions I've seen on TV. We get about 3 mins of that and then just before the
'Ninja KaTe' bit we sweep into MoP from the Aspel & Co. appearance. There is a
disclaimer as this starts 'Television Appearance'. We get all of MoP (a
beautiful clip BTW IMHO) and then sweep into EtM. This one is NOT the US EtM
video (which I've never seen :-( ) but a series of wonderful stills which last
about 10 seconds and then we sweep into the "MTV" RBG clip. What a scream that
clip is :-) I quite like it in a perverse sort of way. Anyway, we get the WHOLE
clip this time and to the end we also get various flashes of 'The Line, the
Cross, the Curve". Now I think this is where what I've got is different from
what everyone else has seen. I gather from all the postings that the US
love-hounds get the same video BUT don't get any voice over. I get full sound
and voice for these small clips from the video (TRS soundtrack is sort of muted
to the background) So I can hear Lily say 'She's under the spell of The Red
Shoes', etc. If you want I'll transcribe all that is said for gaffa(?) From
here we sweep back to the TRS logo which bounces away like rubber. End video.
Total play time about 13 minutes.

    Well that's all for now! See ya later! :-) "grrrrrr... this is my space"

               :  Graham Dombkins
      /\/\     :  Personal Computer Services
     / / /\    :  BHP Information Technology
    / / /  \   :  PO Box 261, Warrawong, NSW 2502, AUSTRALIA
   / / / /\ \  :  A.C.N. 006 476 218
   \ \/ / / /  :  Phone       +61-42-757113
    \  / / /   :  Fax         +61-42-757908
     \/\/\/    :  E-mail      GRAHAM.G.R.DOMBKINS@
               :              BHPMELMSM.BHP.bhpmel04.telememo.au
               :  AppleLink   GRAHAM.G.R.DOMBKINS@=D002183@INTERNET#
               :  AppleLink   AUST0387
               :  X.400       G=GRAHAM I=GR S=DOMBKINS OU=BHPMELMSM O=BHP
               :              P=BHPMEL04 A=TELEMEMO C=AU
      "Hello Earth!!                    "I'm chasing nuns
       hello Earth..." - KT              out in the yard..." - TA