Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-45 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Those Red, Red Shoes!

From: vickie@pilot.njin.net (Vickie Mapes)
Date: 12 Nov 93 08:07:46 GMT
Subject: Re: Those Red, Red Shoes!
To: rec-music-gaffa@rutgers.edu
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

My newsreader is a few days behind...

jdrukman@us.oracle.com (Jon Drukman) writes:
>anyway, despite what you [apply translation here] say, i don't see how
>boycotting an artist for dumping on an album that you like is
>compatible with your stated attitude above - that you think you
>deserve nothing.

I never said that I was going to boycott the Cocteau Twins album, I
just said that I was going to buy it used. I still love the music,
I just won't be reading any more interviews with them. I can disagree
with an artist's politics, opinions, whatever, without letting it
interfere with my enjoyment of the music. But what's wrong with my
showing my disapproval in any way I see fit? Artists owe me nothing,
but then, I don't owe _them_ anything either.

>and, in a completely unrelated story:

V>>You live in Sedona? I *love* Sedona! (And Oak Creek Canyon and Jerome
V>>and every other inch of 89A, the most beautiful stretch of highway in
V>>America after 1/101 in California, Oregon & Washington)

>pacific coastal highway #1 is definitely one of the most gorgeous
>stretches of road in the universe, but *101*!?  what drugs were you
>on?  (oh yeah, that view of oakland and the new united motors plant is
>just *divine*...)

I don't know all the stretches of highway in all 3 states, but I thought
that there were places where 1 and 101 join here and there. That's what
I meant. I have a dream one day of driving from San Diego to Canada on
that highway. The only stretch I've actually been on is from SFO to
Big Sur, and I was stopping every couple of miles to get out and take
photos. Beautiful, just magnificently beautiful!

Vickie