Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-45 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Jane Siberry show in NYC

From: dsilver@panix.com (David Silver)
Date: 12 Nov 1993 04:07:28 -0500
Subject: Jane Siberry show in NYC
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.UU.NET
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

I just saw the late show at the Bottom Line and all I can say is wow.
Really, that's all I can say.  Informationally speaking, I will add that
they were selling a tape containing a collection of Jane Siberry videos
for $40.  It's a lot of money, but I bought one because I loved her videos
and had to have them.  After showing one short and particularly humorous
video, she said that on the second night of this tour, when she showed
this video *nobody* laughed.  Which really threw her because she thought
it was the funniest thing she has ever done.  (She didn't mention what
city it was in.)  There was a short question and answer period at the end,
and she said that she really prefers to think of these things as a
gathering of like minded individuals, not a "performance".  That it was
really important to break down barriers between people.  Then she
performed another song and went home:-).  She was remarkable.

I also picked up a copy of the first "Sib-line" newsletter.  It contains
info about upcoming releases, concert dates, etc.  There is also a list of
available merchandise and an order form.  Merchandise consists of CD's,
the video, t-shirts, postcards, xeroxed lyrics, and posters.  The address
is box 291, 238 davenport rd., toronto, ont. canada, M5R 1J6.  They say
that this issue is being sent to anyone who has written in the last few
years.  A two year membership in sib-line, is $15.  The prices are high,
but the purpose is to make sure that sib-things are available to people
who want them, and the money helps fund new sib-things.

 --

   David Silver
   dsilver@panix.com