Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-45 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Xmas special video

From: chrisw@fciad2.bsd.uchicago.edu (chris williams)
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 93 20:15 CST
Subject: Re: Xmas special video
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

>>    As it is a bootleg set of videos, especially in the case of _The
>> Single File_ (a commercial release) feel totally free to make copies
>> of this guys tapes. The more copies you make, the better.
>
>I think it's worth making a distinction between copies of broadcast
>material and copies of authorized commerical material.  One reason KaTe
>material is hard to find in the stores is that it doesn't sell in volume.
>By distributing pirate copies of commercial material, we reduce the number
>of potential sales.  (I know all us KaTe fanatics buy commercial copies
>even of our bootleg stuff, but we don't constitute a mass market.)  I wish
>I could tell super dave where he can buy a legitimate copy of The Single
>File; I don't feel good about people selling copies of it.

   Sorry that I didn't make myself clear. What I meant to say was:
This guy is selling bootleg dups of commercial material, so feel free to
make as many copies of his bootleg stuff. We never make dubs of
commercially available Kate videos. And the non-commercially available
stuff should be distributed on a fan-to-fan basis; thus the tape-tree.

   (When I met Vickie, my entire Kate Bush video collection consisted
of two videos, WH and TMWTCIHE, that were shown on _Don Kirshner's Rock
Concert. Everything since then has been traded for.)

                          Chris Williams of
                             Chris'n'Vickie of Chicago
                               chrisw@fciad2.bsd.uchicago.edu (his)
                                 vickie@njin.rutgers.edu      (hers)