Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-45 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

No Subject

From: USENET News System <news@watdragon.uwaterloo.ca>
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 1993 17:31:48 -0500
To: watmath!rec-music-gaffa@uunet.UU.NET

Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
From: melunney@jeeves.uwaterloo.ca (Mike Lunney)
Subject: Re: Brazil soundtrack?
Sender: news@watdragon.uwaterloo.ca (USENET News System)
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 1993 22:31:45 GMT

Frank San Filippo asks:
>I just noticed in the FAQ a description of Kate singing "Brazil" on the
>"Brazil" soundtrack-- is this the Terry Gilliam movie of the same name? I know
>there was no Kate in the movie itself. Someone please e-mail or info about
 ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>this, I like that song.

Chris Williams adds:
>   Yep, Kate sings the song _Brazil_. Her version was intended to be
>used in the film, but for some unexplained reason, it wasn't included.

    I just saw _Brazil_ the other day, and did a double-take.  Seems like
Kate has used several _Brazil_ actors in her video's:  Experiment IV (X4)
and This Woman's Work.
    But was that Kate herself -- or just someone dressed like her --
accomanying the midget at the party?  Am I right?  If not, either
(a) I was completely dreaming?, or
(b) Kate thought she'd dress up just like this woman for X4??
WAS KATE IN BRAZIL??

Mike.
|\/|ike |_unney           Applied Math/UW       melunney@jeeves.uwaterloo.ca