Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-45 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: TRS gets better/how to enjoyETM

From: Markku Kolkka <mk59200@kaarne.cs.tut.FI>
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 1993 12:33:58 GMT
Subject: Re: TRS gets better/how to enjoyETM
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: #Kotilo NEWS system <usenet@peippo.cs.tut.FI>

    > Also, something about dissecting it
    > into pieces and actually grading the pieces sort of bugs me.  Am
    > I alone in this?

No, you're not! I feel that dissecting and analyzing the songs is
useless. It's the emotional reaction that attracts me to KaTe's music,
not the technical quality of recordings or things like that.

Remember: only dead creatures can be dissected. Music must be alive to
be enjoyed.

    > However, I do find the discussions about what Kate is referring
    > to and background information interesting, and perhaps some of
    > the various interpretations too.

I agree with that as well.

--
	Markku Kolkka