Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-44 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: The Red Shoes

From: kiess@ira.uka.de (Heiko Kiessling)
Date: 9 Nov 1993 09:26:51 GMT
Subject: Re: The Red Shoes
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.UU.NET
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: newsadm@ira.uka.de

In article <9311051906.AA17539@wente.llnl.gov>, ed@wente.llnl.gov (Ed Suranyi) writes:

[citations on CotH stinking deleted]

|> I can't understand this.  Am I really wired so differently than
|> most people here?  Constellation of the Heart is one of my three
|> favorite tracks on the album.  The part where she sings the title
|> several times in succession sends chills up and down my spine, just
|> like the best of Kate's songs do.
|>
|> I mean, in the past, when people have complained about a song of Kate's
|> that they didn't like, I may not have completely agreed, but at least
|> I understood.  For example, I understood why a lot of people didn't
|> like Reaching Out on her last album.  But this I just don't understand.
|>
|> Ed
|> ed@wente.llnl.gov

Me too. I don't want to offend anyone but I think that's due to what some
socalled "real" KaTeFans (tm) think Kate's music has to be like. There
are always those fans who got into some sort of music by a certain artist
at a certain time and then very much dislike it to change. For example, in
alt.fan.u2 there was a similar discussion on the "Achtung Baby" and
"Zooropa" albums. U2 now is doing a very different thing from what
they've done on the "Joshua Tree", for example. You learn to know a
"real" U2 fan when he or she complains about this change. What I like
about Kate is that she never gets stuck, artisticly speaking.

Ciao, Heiko

--
  Heiko Kie\3ling                             E-Mail   : kiess@ira.uka.de
  Universit"at Karlsruhe                      Telephone: +49 721 608-4055