Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-44 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

No Subject

When KaTe came back-with-a-bang in 1985 with RuTH, I suddenly
realized that I'd sorta lost track on her. But I made good: in one
month I bought not only the 7" and 12" of RuTH, but also the LP's
of The Dreaming, Lionheart, Never for Ever and The kick inside (in
that order, which is not recommended btw for starting fans).
It took me a year to actually like all of the tracks on The
Dreaming (gosh, what a 'difficult' album for a 15-year-old!), and
no-time to like the others.
To top off the whole LP package, Hounds of Love/The ninth wave was
released in September, making 1985 the best KaTe-year in my life.
Can't say which album I prefer though - they're all  so special in
their own way.

Since 1985 I started to collect all Kate 7", 12", LP's, and, since
1987, CD's. Just months ago I finally got a hold on 'The single
file', which is my most favourite item of all time.

My favourite track of Kate's is This woman's work. I loved that one
because of special things happening to me in 1989, all kinda
happening synchronized with the first discovery of the song on the
SHAB soundtrack LP, the release of the album, and the release of
the 7".

So now, TRS is out, let's hope she wont take 4 years for the next
one... (I seem to say that every 4 years ;-). )

Hope I didn't bore you all too much with my story, but I thought it
would be a change from all the talk about TRS. My review is coming
up....

Marcel 'so this is my opinion' Rijs
"Oh by the time you read this I'll be well in touch...' - Kate
Bush, 'The kick inside'