Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-44 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Kate Doesn't Suck....

From: RIDLEY@ZASU.SPRL.UMICH.EDU
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 1993 9:42:49 -0500 (EST)
Subject: Kate Doesn't Suck....
To: LOVE-HOUNDS@uunet.UU.NET

Dear "People who think The Sensual World is an awful album",

  Please Die.

  Well, that might be a little to harsh, but you people are just annoying the
hell out of me. I LOVE tSW. It is probably my 3rd or 4th favorite album of all
time. It is one of the only albums which I LIKED on my FIRST listen. AND it
contains my three FAVORITE Kate Bush songs: This Woman's Work, Love and Anger
and Rockets Tail.

  Someone said that her decline started around Experiment IV. This is also the
same person who said Candle in the Wind was a good song. It was Shit when
Elton John wrote it and preformed it, and it's shit now when Kate sings it.
This is the ONLY Kate Bush song that I CAN'T listen to.

  I will agree that Kate made a pretty big change in her style between some
of her albums. Between The Dreaming and Hounds of Love her style changed
dramatically. She became less "raw". I think she has been becomming more
sad about life and this is reflected in her music. I like the emotion that
she shows in all of her albums, but it has changed over the albums. I have
appreciated all of the emotions she has shared with us. I am rambling now,
so I will stop.

  Are there other people out there who like tSW?

Aaron
ridley@zasu.sprl.umich.edu