Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-44 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Cloudbusting sampled in what techno single???

From: stephenf@titan.ucs.umass.edu (STEPHEN H FRIEDMAN)
Date: 6 Nov 1993 02:37:26 GMT
Subject: Re: Cloudbusting sampled in what techno single???
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

S.K. (kaurs@wam.umd.edu) wrote:

: Hi,
: 	I'm not technically on the mail-list as I've just attained
: the address out of an ftp site. Could someone please, please, please
: tell me the name of the group that sampled K. Bush's Cloudbusting in
: a single called "Something Good"? It was fairly big about a year ago.
: I was convinced it was 808 State, but I've been proven wrong. Problem
: is, can't for the life of me remember who did it, and it's killing me
: cos' it's at the tip of my tongue...
: Help!

: Thanks in advance, but all replies to my email address please, as I
: don't know how to subscribe to this mail-list. > kaurs@wam.umd.edu

: S. Kaur
: kaurs@wam.umd.edu

--- That group is the Utah Saints, and it's a really good album and song.
I assume Kate knew about it BEFORE they did it?? She's quite a sport.
By the way, her new album is beautiful. I got that and the new Cocteau Twins
album on the same day. I wass riveted. I haven't played anything but those
two since.