Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-42 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Entertainment Weekly

From: jfirch@cnet.shs.arizona.edu (Jill R Firch)
Date: Tue, 02 Nov 1993 00:49:37 +0000 (GMT)
Subject: Entertainment Weekly
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.UU.NET
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

Entertainment Weekly
November 5,1993
pg. 70
Kate Bush "The Red Shoes" (Columbia) In this country, Bush's florid vocal
eccentricity - undulating gulps and shrieks of meandering melody - have
consigned her to the rnak of oddball, English Division.  "The Red Shoes",
with its tightened tunes and catchy choruses, is designed to break Bush
stateside, but it's no sellout.  Filled with lovely, if loopy, pop songs,
"Shoes" makes sense of Bush's excesses without squelching her beguilling
silliness. B+
-Ken Tucker
A photo  - I believe from TSW days - accompanies the article.
(3 images of Kate reaching out in a blue fog)

Kate is not included in the magazine's "100 Best CD's The Essential guide
to building the ultimate compact-disc library." Neither is P.Gabriel.
Enya's Watermark is probably the only album I noticed on the list that
may have been discussed here.

Jill R. Firch    Application Systems Analyst    jfirch@cnet.shs.arizona.edu
National Center for Neurogenic Communication Disorders