Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-42 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

RbG US Video Coments

From: Alex Gibbs <arg@kilimanjaro.opt-sci.arizona.EDU>
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 1993 07:27:46 -0700
Subject: RbG US Video Coments
To: gaffa-post@eddie.mit.edu

I like to make my own initial observations about art, if it's not very
difficult to do so, before reading someone elses.  Having said that,
here are some of my own observations and/or ponderings:

In making the RbG US video she is being a rubberband girl and not
resisting the "wind".  The existence of the video fits the song.

The video is rather MTVish; she met the request/challenge to make it
and directed it *herself*.  How many artists can say that about any of
their videos?  It's cool to see that she can kick some ass (IMHO) even
if she's not totally on her turf; that's a greater test of ones
strength.  It sounded like she enjoyed making it and made it pretty
fast (is that right?) so I can imagine her thinking, "So you want an
American video, huh?  *chuckle* *poof* with a twist.... now on to
something really challenging...".  If she didn't enjoy it at all then I
wish she hadn't made it though.  I enjoyed watching it, which doesn't
necessarily mean I want all of her videos to be like this one.