Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-42 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

one of many reviews no doubt

From: "D.M.Woodhead" <D.M.Woodhead@lut.ac.uk>
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 93 13:59:44 GMT
Subject: one of many reviews no doubt
To: Love-Hounds@uunet.UU.NET (Kate-Mailing)

Well, greetings again. I finally got the new album, and here is my
(for-what-it's-worth) very short review of it...

And so is love
  Love the Hammond sound. Eric Clapton sounds more like Dave Gilmour to me

EtM
  Whoever said it sounds commercial is taking the urine! Commercial where? A
different style for KaTe and it sounds GOOOOOD!

MoP
  We've already been over this when it was Aspel

Song of Solomon
  The intro reminded me of Egypt, but not for long. I love this one

Lily
  Totally Exellent. Shades of Hawkwind in the intro. It is an exellent
candidate for a video - very dancy

TRS
  Boost up the bass to make a dance record - wouldn't be out of place in The
Dreaming album

Top of the City
  Not much Nigel Kennedy in this one - She could have replaced him with the
Fairlight

Constellations of the Heart
  Very mid-eighties Pop - brings back memories (Aaah, the old days...)

Big Stripy Lie
  Has KaTe ever thought of playng guitar for INXS? Better use og Nigel Kennedy
on this one. A friend of mine heard this and said "She must have been stuck
for songs listening to this!" Very cruel - I like it

Why Should I Love You?
  The verses are very KaTe, the choruses are very Prince! Lenny Henry's bit is
surprisingly good! I'm not too sure about the line "The fine purple" though

You're the one
  Another one with a great hammond sound

Overall very good, but with commercial tendencies. As we all know KaTe is
always evolving musically - look at the transition between NFE and The
Dreaming. This is just another musical transition.

--

-=-=-=-=-=-=-= Deeper, deeper, somewhere below there is a light. =-=-=-=-=-=-=-