Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-41 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Red Shoes Nite at Tower S.F.

From: "Karen L. Newcombe" <kln@crl.crl.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 1993 21:13:41 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Red Shoes Nite at Tower S.F.
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET

As soon as I heard that sales had begun in various places I started the
round of calls to every record store in S.F. trying to find someone
selling it early.  Nearly all stores said they would be receiving it
Tuesday and it would be available then.

Tower at Market and Noe says they are having a Red Shoes extravaganza at
10PM Monday, November 1st.  They will play the album at ten, give away
some door prizes, have a drawing for something or other - poster or litho
or something.  The guy on the phone said wear red shoes to qualify for a
door prize.

I am going to get there at around nine.  Anyone in the Haight-Ashbury is
welcome to come by my house between 7:30 and 8:30 and go over there with
me.  Wear your Kate shirts - let's make a show of it.

I assume that since they are doing this they have albums there now, and
will be selling on Monday night.  They knew absolutely nothing about the
movie, so a ticket giveaway is not tied in.

I'd like to have an album welcoming get-together one evening next
weekend.  I have a seminar all day next Saturday, but if anyone would like
to pick up a cake or some beer for such an event I'll provide the space,
the CD player, some JAVA, etc. in the evening or on Sunday afternoon.

Feedback to kln@crl.com.  See you at Tower, Market St. Monday, Nov. 1,
10PM Pacific Standard Time.

Karen Newcombe  kln@crl.com  It's gonna be really happening to yaaaa!