Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-40 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

DCD in Chicago again

From: brownfld@rcnext.cso.uiuc.edu (Kenneth R Brownfield)
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 1993 15:26:44 -0500 (CDT)
Subject: DCD in Chicago again

     Due to the impressive number of requests for our extra ticket, I'd
like to apologize to everyone who couldn't buy it.  I hope everyone who
wants to go _can_ go (but I doubt the Vic would take twenty pieces of one
ticket...  And I won't start a price war, which would even disappoint the
person who _did_ get the ticket.)
     But the main reason for my post is that I would love to get some
folks together to meet before the concert!
     Dominic Tolli has kindly suggested an Italian restaurant by name of
Leona's, which is on the corner of Sheffield and Belmont a block away
from the Vic.  The food is good, but also cheap for those of us for whom
the tickets were realistically too expensive for them to have bought (and
we know who we are!  ;)
     Everyone's welcome to meet there.  I think it would be fun for us
just to stream in when we want to instead of setting a time to meet there,
the earlier the better.  But then again, maybe that's just me being lazy!
     I'm currently considering getting to the Vic itself at around 7pm
to get in (because of reserved seating.)  Unfortunately, I would assume
that our restaurant would be fairly busy at this time in the evening
(between 5p and 7p) although I'm not a Chicago expert.  But between 5p
and 7p seems good to me.  We're planning on beating the rush hour by
arriving in Chicago well before 5pm.  I have a carpool going, so in the
end my appearance will depend on my carpoolers' combined agreement.  So
carpoolers, tell me what you think in email!  :)
     I realize that talking about DCD on the 4AD list and (more
unrelatedly) Gaffa is somewhat of a bandwidth waste, but it's hard to
organize with email messages flying around.  If you just want to confirm
that you're interested, please send me personal mail.  If you have
suggestions that you think folks will be interested in, please feel free
to post (but be aware of the audience you're reaching.)
     To the person who was planning on getting a ticket when they went to
the Vic (if they couldn't get tickets beforehand).  I lost your post in
the shuffle, so I don't remember your name, sorry.  But be aware that this
concert has reserved seating.  If you show up the night of the concert,
they will either be sold out, or the seats you can get will be far from
the stage.  Not that sitting right in front of Lisa's podium is necessary
for full effect, just something to keep in mind.  ;)
     See y'all there!
--
                                                        Ken.
(217) 352-5679                                   brownfld@uiuc.edu

"Last week I stained some of my cells with a fluorescent antibody, and the
 results were really spectacular."	-- Chris Nicholas