Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-37 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Import ban on Eat the Music

From: E Welsh <welsh@epcc.edinburgh.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 1993 14:07:39 GMT
Subject: Re: Import ban on Eat the Music
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: UseNet News Admin <cnews@dcs.ed.ac.uk>

> I just rang up a big record dealer in the UK and asked whether they
> had any copies of the US Eat the Music singles on any format. They told me
> that there was an import ban on it and that officially no one should
> be bringing any copies into the UK. I was rather dumbfounded by this
> and so did not dig further for a reason.

> Has anyone heard of this happening before or know why this might have
> happened. Rubberband Girl is freely available in the US so why are the
> UK fans being prevented from hearing all the available new stuff?

I've no knowledge of this happening but it could be common practise for all
I know. The only reason I can think of is that they may intend to release
ETM over here and don't want to spoil the sales. With the different record
companies on either side of the Atlantic this probably makes a difference.
If it does mean that they intend to release ETM here then it's good news
actually.

Perhaps your best bet is to order from overseas. Scott did this so why not
ask him for details?

/ Evan Welsh                                    <welsh@epcc.ed.ac.uk> \
\ Edinburgh Parallel Computing Centre               (+44 31 650 5960) /