Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-37 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Import ban on Eat the Music

From: nbc@inf.rl.ac.uk
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 93 10:38:45 BST
Subject: Import ban on Eat the Music
To: Love-Hounds@uunet.UU.NET

I just rang up a big record dealer in the UK and asked whether they
had any copies of the US Eat the Music singles on any format. They told me
that there was an import ban on it and that officially no one should
be bringing any copies into the UK. I was rather dumbfounded by this
and so did not dig further for a reason.

Has anyone heard of this happening before or know why this might have
happened. Rubberband Girl is freely available in the US so why are the
UK fans being prevented from hearing all the available new stuff?

Neil