Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-37 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

RbG In South Africa

From: kuyper@iplan.co.za (Kuyper Hoffman)
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 1993 23:09:42 +0200 (EET)
Subject: RbG In South Africa
To: Love-Hounds@uunet.UU.NET

Having lurked on Love-Hounds since around digest #9.186 - and
finally having gotten our mits on a copy of the RbG single, I feel I
can now post too....

The Rubberband Girl is in South Africa!!

Aside from the radio stations, I _think_ I have the first copy of
Rubberband Girl in South Africa.  It arrived last night thanks to
the co-operation of some "jet-setting" friends :-)

RbG : Well, unless I'm mistaken, there's Prince written all over
this one on lead-in guitar.  It's getting lots of airplay now, and the
remix isn't bad, but not very different from the standard tho.

BSL : Now for the controversial bit :-)  Another local Love-Hound is
here with me and has her own theory on the title; Pam: "could the
'Big Stripey Lie moving like a wavy line' be the American flag
fluttering in the breeze?" - Well I'm sure that's likely to provoke
comment.  Please direct any mail to me and I'll make sure that Pam
gets the full brunt of it ;-)  Oh yes, Pam is also not too sure
about the comment that stripes make things more obvious (i.e. an
obvious lie), and feels that thousands of camouflage experts would
agree (particularly the wild animals loose later in the track).

About 1:30 into this track, is that Gilmour cutting in?? I just got
a copy of the "Shine On" box set too (heheh, no sleep for me
tonight).

Now, how many Love-Hounds are there in South Africa, in particular
in Cape Town??  Feel free to e-mail me if you want to come over and
have a listen to the single sometime.  Heck, mail me anyway so that
I know you're out there!

I also have several videos, including "The Sensual World", but no
Hi-Fi VCR :-(

It's great to finally have joined the rest of you there in the
un-outback - I hear from our local EMI distributors that they expect
to have tRS out around the same time as the UK Release (whenever
that is).

Bye now

Hope to post quite frequently in the future

Kuyper (and Pam)
--
|          Kuyper Hoffman               |  This signature contains:        |
|        kuyper@iplan.co.za             |  carbonated water, citric acid,  |