Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-37 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Besides Kate . . .

From: dambik@fnalo.fnal.gov (Ed Dambik)
Date: 28 Sep 93 16:49:18 -0600
Subject: Re: Besides Kate . . .
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.UU.NET
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

In article <1993Sep28.155831.26727@leland.Stanford.EDU>, jchokey@leland.Stanford.EDU (James Alexander Chokey) writes:
> 	I thought it might be interesting to have one of those threads that
> frequently pop up on single artist newsgroups about what other sorts of music
> the readers enjoy other than that put out by the artist to whom the group is
> devoted.  So, in addition to Kate Bush, what other contemporary musicians
> are other gaffa readers really into?

In no particular order:

Pixies, Breeders, Cocteau Twins, Stereolab, Game Theory/Loud Family,
Lush, Band of Susans, PJ Harvey, Belly, Cracker/Camper van B.

Also Bel Canto (thanks to this very list!), Medicine, Pale Saints,
Cranes (wow! check them out!), Th' Faith Healers, Neil Young (and
Jeff Beck back in his guitar god days).

Ethereal female vocals set to raging guitars anyone?

The Other Ed