Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-36 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: HOMEGROUND NEWSFLASH!

From: estephen@netcom.com (E. Stephen Mack)
Date: Sat, 25 Sep 1993 05:14:18 GMT
Subject: Re: HOMEGROUND NEWSFLASH!
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

Mark A. Semich wrote:

|> Following hurried consultations between Columbia in the US and EMI
|> in the UK the release date of the album THE RED SHOES has been put
|> back to 1st November in the UK and the same week in the USA.
|
| So does this mean that EMI is postponing their release because
| Columbia is postoning it and wants EMI to do the same?!?!?!?
|
| I now know what apoplexy feels like.  And part of me is relieved that
| I don't have a bazooka, as I don't want to get in trouble for blowing
| up all of Columbia's executive slime.

You don't have a bazooka?
Your story reminds me of that track from Kate's album _Waiting For Ever_:

     "Bazooka"

     He wanted to buy her record.
     He knew exactly where to go.
     A record store to spend more.
     He couldn't have made a worse move.
     He waited for the Red Shoes
     And he waited even more and more.
     Just like before,
     when he was waiting for TSW
     and when he waited for HOL too,
     And he knew he waited because of Columbia.
     They delayed the record:-

     Oh yes, bazooka, bazooka, bazooka -- kaboom

and so on...

----------------

Other news:

*  Live 105 (KITS, 105.3, San Francisco) plays the top-three most
   requested songs on Fridays at 8.  Last Friday, Sept. 17, the
   number one requested song for the previous week was none other
   than . . . Eat The Music

*  Also, Rasputin Records on Telegraph in Berkeley had a pile of
   promos for The Red Shoes free for the taking, so I snagged one.
   It's on nice glossy paper, with a full-color picture of ruby
   ballerina shoes on one side, and the following text on the other
   side:

KATE BUSH
"THE RED SHOES"

Over three years in the making
an album of immeasurable depth...
of love and loving...
of incredible beauty...

(small photo of Kate with a male dancer)

Featuring:
_Eat The Music_
_Rubberband Girl_
_And So Is Love_

In Stores-October 5, 1993

Written and Produced by Kate

COLUMBIA

Rasputin staff had not been informed of any delay as of last week.
Something tells me I'm not going to be able to buy it on October
5th, however...

[estephen]		E. Stephen Mack		estephen@netcom.com