Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-36 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: HOMEGROUND NEWSFLASH!

From: jsternbe@UTKVX.UTCC.UTK.EDU (Sternberg, James)
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 1993 23:49:00 GMT
Subject: Re: HOMEGROUND NEWSFLASH!
News-Software: VAX/VMS VNEWS 1.41
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: usenet@utkux1.utk.edu (USENET News System)

In article <CDIC0I.11G@exnet.co.uk>, s0pdfm@exnet.co.uk (P D Fitzgerald-Morris) writes...
>                  ALBUM RELEASE DATE PUT BACK!
>                  ----------------------------
>
>Following hurried consultations between Columbia in the US and EMI
>in the UK the release date of the album THE RED SHOES has been put
>back to 1st November in the UK and the same week in the USA.
>
>More on this when the dust settles.

I just returned from one of our local alternative record stores to buy a copy
of the Rubber Band Girl CD-5.  The person who orders the CD's for the store
told me that Columbia had solicited him to buy the Red Shoes when in comes out
on Oct. 5.  According to him, this phone call was received two days ago (that
would be Saturday).  Obviously, the people at Columbia are so confused that the
different departments are working with different release dates (the Oct. 5th
date is quite old).  I assume that the Nov. 1st date is definite?

                                     -James Sternberg