Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-36 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

US chart news (was Re: HOMEGROUND NEWSFLASH!)

From: ed@wente.llnl.gov (Ed Suranyi)
Date: Sat, 25 Sep 93 16:54:40 -0700
Subject: US chart news (was Re: HOMEGROUND NEWSFLASH!)
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

In article <estephenCDw97w.78z@netcom.com> you write:
>*  Live 105 (KITS, 105.3, San Francisco) plays the top-three most
>   requested songs on Fridays at 8.  Last Friday, Sept. 17, the
>   number one requested song for the previous week was none other
>   than . . . Eat The Music
>
>[estephen]		E. Stephen Mack		estephen@netcom.com

That's terrific!  I heard the tail end of that song myself today on
that radio station, so I know they're playing it.  They distribute
their playlist at Tower Records, and on the current one "Eat the Music"
has entered their chart at no. 24.

In national chart news, Radio & Records has it at no. 15 on their
"New Rock" chart, which is approximately the equivalent of Billboard's
"Modern Rock" chart.  The song has not yet appeared on Billboard's
chart, however.  I think it probably will very soon.

Ed
ed@wente.llnl.gov