Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-36 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Eat the Music

From: jeffy@syrinx.umd.edu
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 93 09:21:25 -0400
Subject: Eat the Music
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET

I finally heard ETM on the radio last night.  It was on WHFS (big
surprise...) around 9:00.  The DJ, Catherine, very excitedly announced "New
KaTe Bush!" both before and after the track (well, after the U2 song which
followed ETM).

For the record, count me as one of the folks who absolutely adores the song
(I like it and RBG more than BSL).  Lyrically it's wonderful, and the music
is incredibly infectious--the most danceable KaTesong since "The Big Sky."
Nothing since then has made me want, nay need to move the way ETM does.
It's glorious.  So's the remix.  Rubberband Girl is loads of fun but the
remix seems a waste.  It's almost as if it's the album version and the
shorter one is the single edit where they just got rid of a bit of stuff to
trim it to a more palatable length for radio consumption.

In any event, I'd have to say She *still* really is.

Jeff
(who sez "check out the new Happy Rhodes song, 'Summer.' it's beyond
beautiful)

|Jeffrey C. Burka     | "When I look in the mirror, I see a little clearer/ |
|SAFH Lite [tm]       |  I am what I am and you are you too./  Do you like  |
|jeffy@syrinx.umd.edu |  what you see?  Do you like yourself?"  --N. Cherry |