Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-34 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

No Subject

From: USENET News System <news@marlin.jcu.edu.au>
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 1993 21:34:48 +1000
To: uunet!rec-music-gaffa@uunet.UU.NET

Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
From: lynn@coral.cs.jcu.edu.au (Lynn Alford)
Subject: Re: Where to find these . . .
Sender: news@marlin.jcu.edu.au (USENET News System)
Date: 15 Sep 93 11:31:25 GMT

In <1993Sep14.223743.19276@leland.Stanford.EDU> jchokey@leland.Stanford.EDU (James Alexander Chokey) writes:

>	I've only discovered Kate's music about five or six months ago,
>but I've since become a hopeless addict.  I only discovered rec.music.

We date from about late November last year.  Nothing like playing
catchup.

>	In particular, I'v seen a lot of people refer to "Experiment IV"
>and to a couple of covers of Elton John tunes, "Candle in the Wind."  I
>have all of Kate's albums, except _The Whole Story_, which seems to be

Experiment IV is on The Whole Story.  It's the only song on that album
that isn't on another album.  It's also on the The Whole Story video,
and the video with the music is positively mind-boggling.  Recommended.

Lynn
--
lynn@coral.cs.jcu.edu.au     | Lead us not into frustration, and deliver us
was lalford@fsu1.cc.fsu.edu  | from power surges.  For thine is the algorithm,