Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-34 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

UK single - first impressions

From: nbc@inf.rl.ac.uk
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 93 14:21:25 BST
Subject: UK single - first impressions
To: Love-Hounds@uunet.UU.NET

Finally, got the UK Rubberband Girl single. First impressions are
mixed.

Rubberband Girl - when I first heard this I thought it was distinctly
ordinary (mediocre even). Further plays have softend my opinion such
that I now enjoy it quite a lot though I still do not think it
is anything exceptional for Kate

Rubberband Girl Remix - unlike a lot of others on this list I actually
like this a great deal. IMHO it is much better than the standard mix
in all ways - instrumentally and vocally. At least it sounds like Kate
we know rather than the single mix which could almost be anyone.

Big Stripey Lie - now this is the real thing. This is worthy to be compared
with anything off The Dreaming. Vibrant, wierd and exciting. If there are
more gems like this on the album then it will be brilliant. I had to play the
7" as well as the CD to make sure that ending really was meant to sound like
that and it was not just my copy!

Neil