Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-34 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

New Kate Interview

From: nbc@inf.rl.ac.uk
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 93 14:10:07 BST
Subject: New Kate Interview
To: Love-Hounds@uunet.UU.NET

There was an interview with Kate in yesterdays' Sunday Times colour
supplement. It was something of a hatchet job on behalf of the
interviewer who seemed to get the impression that Kate was a really
tough person to interview. To be honest if the article is accurate
then I have some sympathy with the interviewer. As normal Kate declined to
talk about anything other than her music but also restricted the
interviewer to hearing just 5 tracks off the album, showed her a lyric
sheet for the album but refused to ler her take it away, and would not
show her any of the promo film.

During the interview (again if the text is accurate) Kate did seem to
be more than usually obstinate in her refusal to discuss things. The article
did suggest that she has broken up with Del though Kate did not say so
during the interview.

Unfortunately, I have left the article at home so cannot type it in but
I expect someone else will do it. If not I can do so later.

Incidently, when the last album cam out the KBC sent out a flyer with
a list of forthcoming interviews with Kate so it was possible to know
which papers to buy. Has anything gone out now - I have not received
anything from the KBC for years.

Neil