Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-33 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

RBG CD volume / initial comments

From: dlangs@sunstroke.sdsu.edu (Derek Langsford)
Date: 12 Sep 1993 06:26:59 GMT
Subject: RBG CD volume / initial comments
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.UU.NET
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

Adding to Larry's comments on the sound on the new KaTe material I can't
help but notice the volume on the CD of the RBG extended mix is much higher
than the two other tracks.  So much so that after listening to RBG at
desirable levels I have to turn the volume down for the extended mix.
In fact now, I just program the player to skip to Big Stripey Lie.
RBG extended is just too long and quite uninventive.  No reinterpretation,
no new nuances.  At least it doesn't have a 90s dance beat!

I also found that Straight Down the Middle was louder than the other
TSW tracks on the CD.  Why the inconsistancy?  Does someone not know
what they are doing?  Is this Del's fault again?   We can't lay
all the problems at Del's door, can we?

91X in San Diego played Eat the Music Thursday I think for the first time.
I was less than impressed.  They followed it with Love and Anger which
seemed so much better although comparing a song I know well with one I
just heard for the first time is less than fair.

Derek
Derek H. Langsford                                            Dept. of Biology
dlangs@sunstroke.sdsu.edu                           San Diego State University