Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-33 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Eat The Music, and Bjork too!

From: as010b@uhura.cc.rochester.edu (Tree of Schnopia)
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 93 18:30:20 GMT
Subject: Re: Eat The Music, and Bjork too!
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news@galileo.cc.rochester.edu

In <9309101720.AA01379@dlsun87.us.oracle.com> jdrukman%dlsun87@us.oracle.com (Jon Drukman) writes:

>Tree of Schnopia exclaims:

>you're welcome.

Which track was it that you (or someone) compared to Debbie Gibson, again?

>>I couldn't wait.  I just started ETM.  Well...it's, um, nice...OK, it's kind
>>of lame-ish.  I don't hate it, and it's not even really that bad; the
>>"papaya, guava" etc. drivel is kind of annoying, but on the upside, we
>>haven't heard the Goddess this playful since "Kite."

>how quickly they forget "Ken"...

We cannot forget that which we have never had the opportunity to hear....:(

>>"Big Stripey Lie"
>>sounds quite good so far.  (I almost get the impression that the Exalted One
>>has now discovered drugs other than tobacco...blasphemy!  :))

>geez, if you didn't think she was into psychedelics after The Dreaming
>and The Ninth Wave... or do you mean she's discovered heroin?  Cos
>this is a real nasty shootin' up track, i would imagine.

Those albums had a rationally weird feel to them.  These tracks just feel
spacey somehow.

...not that I would know, not being one for chemicals beyond caffeine and
Advil.

Drewcifer
--
----  Andrew D. Simchik ? as010b@uhura.cc.rochester.edu ? Tree of Schnopia