Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-33 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Eat The Music, and Bjork too!

From: as010b@uhura.cc.rochester.edu (Tree of Schnopia)
Date: Thu, 9 Sep 93 21:04:37 GMT
Subject: Eat The Music, and Bjork too!
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news@galileo.cc.rochester.edu

Just picked up Eat the Music at Record Archive, and I haven't listened to it
yet...I'll put in my 2 cents later today, most likely.  (Like anyone cares,
Drew...)

Oh, and I also grabbed _Debut_ on cassette, and I'm happy to note that the
raves were correct.  TANSA (This Ain't No Sugarcubes Album), but I didn't
even care as I happy-hopped my way through the first side (I haven't
finished it).  It's ever-so-slightly too pleasant and sugary-sounding, but I
just don't care.  Thank you to all who recommended Bjork's latest to me!

I couldn't wait.  I just started ETM.  Well...it's, um, nice...OK, it's kind
of lame-ish.  I don't hate it, and it's not even really that bad; the
"papaya, guava" etc. drivel is kind of annoying, but on the upside, we
haven't heard the Goddess this playful since "Kite."  "Big Stripey Lie"
sounds quite good so far.  (I almost get the impression that the Exalted One
has now discovered drugs other than tobacco...blasphemy!  :))  But if these
two songs are from the same album (!!!), then I would venture that
_The_Red_Shoes_ is going to have the welcome attribute of diversity in
sound, which marred _The_Sensual_World_ for me a bit.

Overall, these two songs at least are not wholly disappointing.  Whether
they were quite worth the wait is another matter...but I shall reserve
judgement until I hear the album.

Drewcifer

PS  Two questions: why does Columbia insist on homogenized label spines, and
why, Kate, why cover "Candle In The Wind"?  Why, why, why?  Sob, sob.
--
----  Andrew D. Simchik ? as010b@uhura.cc.rochester.edu ? Tree of Schnopia
\ ----  HAIL ERIS!  ALL HAIL DISCORDIA! ? BITE ME, IT'S FUN!  ?   shade