Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-33 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Label Change

From: S.L.Fagg@bnr.co.uk
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 93 9:37:38 BST
Subject: Re: Label Change
To: Love-Hounds@uunet.UU.NET (rec.music.gaffa)

On Thu, 9 Sep 1993 at 16:33:08 -0400 glocke@morgan.ucs.mun.ca (Gord Locke) wrote:
> As I understand it, she switched from Capitol / EMI to Columbia just
> before The Sensual World came out.  Except in Canada that is,

And the UK, Europe, Oz, NZ, and the rest of the world outside of the U.S.A.

> Since then Sony Music took over Columbia (I'm speculating
> on this part).

This is near enough right.  More to the point, Sony bought the whole
of the Columbia organisation, movies, videos, music labels, the lot. q
The allocation of the Columbia label to Sony Music was a relatively
minor part of the assimilation.  The main target is understood to have
been the back catalogue of movies whose release on future video
formats Sony can now control.

--
Regards

Steve Fagg      ( S.L.Fagg@bnr.co.uk +44-279-402437 )
BNR Europe Ltd., London Road, Harlow, Essex, CM17 9NA, UK

*** "Better drowned than duffers. If not duffers, won't drown". ***