Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-31 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: What does gaffa means anyway?

From: johnz@eaglet.rain.com (Irgendwo in der Tiefe)
Date: Sun, 29 Aug 1993 04:50:23 GMT
Subject: Re: What does gaffa means anyway?
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

uli@zoodle.robin.de (Ulrich Grepel) writes:

>Alan sent me the following and said I should forward it to the list and so
>I did. I can't comment further on this thread since I only combined what
>I've read here before.

>Bye,
[stuff deleted]
>The references to Gurdjieff and Itchesu in "Them Heavy People", and the house

Does this mean that 'Itchesu' is an alternate spelling for 'Jesu', as it's
spelled in the lyrics for the album?  Forgive my ignorance of things religio-
philosophical.  I also seem to recall seeing Kate cross herself when she sings
that line in performance, which would seem to me to contradict an Islamic
derivation.

John Zimmer
johnz@eaglet.rain.com