Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-31 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: New Sarah Album

From: Tippi Chai <chai@utcc.utoronto.ca>
Date: Sat, 28 Aug 1993 21:16:18 -0400
Subject: Re: New Sarah Album
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

Ron Buckmire <buckmr@rpi.edu> wrote:
>Richard.Moynes@uunet.uu.net writes:
>>"I finally had to stop listening to Kate Bush because that was all
>>I could think of..." - Sarah McLachlan
>What a great quote! Where did she say this?

It was during an interview with Denise Dolan of MuchMusic in Jan, 89.

SM: I really saturated myself with those two [KB & Peter Gabriel] for a
long time.  I finally had to stop listening to KB because I couldn't
think of anything else.  I learned every song, every instrument in every song,
all the lyrics, and I used to sing all the songs.  I had no interest to
do my own stuff.

DD: So where did you get the interest to do your own stuff?

SM: I got a recording contract!

(For those of you who don't know, Nettwerk signed her solely on the basis
of her voice.)

Richard.Moynes@uunet.uu.net wrote:
>  And is [MuchMusic VJ] Steve Anthony an even bigger jerk in person?  :)

yes :)  Actually I saw him once on the street when he was trying to be funny
but he ended up looking like a jerk.

--
**********"We all breathe the same air" KaTe Bush
Tippi Chai, Toronto, Canada  <chai@gpu.utcc.utoronto.ca || chai@utorgpu.bitnet>