Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-31 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

(Can) TWW Box

From: allan.balliett@his.com (Allan Balliett)
Date: Sat, 28 Aug 1993 08:43:53
Subject: (Can) TWW Box
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET
Sender: UUCP@Clone.his.com

I'd appreciate your input on a REALITY TEST.

After an exhaustive market search, I cannot find the alleged CANADIAN TWW at
wholesale price lower than that UK set was offered at. Furthermore, I brought
in an alleged Canadian copy (with MADE IN CANADA stickers on the OUTSIDE of
the shrink) and it is in actuality a product of the UK (the UK box, complete
with a UK number). Which is to say, UK boxes are (once again) being dumped
through Canada.

Excuse me if I missed something, but wouldn't TWW from CANADA be on the
CAPITOL lbl rather than EMI as these boxes are?

The IGG price on the Canadian/UK piece remains at $169.95. The Japanese piece
remains at this same price.

The fact that Canadians are paying $130 for the piece is only a Canadian
fact.
The importers tend to charge the retail in teh country of origin + their own
mark-up. US retailer than have to add their mark-up on top of that. On the
other hand, ordering directly from Canada could lead to some very strange
Bureau of Customs retaliation, since Canada is the prime-taget of the
parallel
imports baloney.

We are always interested in providing important pieces at the lowest possible
price. Your input and observations on this situation would be greatly
appreciated and could help everyone.

Thanks!

-Allan

INTERGALACTIC GARAGE