Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-31 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Box Set..... NOT

From: tara@bugle.cs.uiuc.edu (Tara Madhyastha)
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 1993 17:34:50 GMT
Subject: Re: Box Set..... NOT
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news@cs.uiuc.edu

In article <1993Aug27.004038.3471@ccu1.aukuni.ac.nz>, craddock@ccu1.aukuni.ac.nz (Craddock) writes:
|> I just purchased the This Womans Work Box set for $NZ60 or $US33.
|> All that I've got is the empty box except for the two extra CDs and a
|> Booklet of photos. Which is clearly why I got it so cheap. The Box set
|> normally retails at $NZ250 here but I think this was stock that wouldn't
|> shift (I've asked before and heard there's been one left for a number of years)
|> I presume that this isn't 100% honest.

Actually, there was a box set in a record store here that hadn't moved
since they were released. It had about a 1/4 inch of dust on it.
Apparently, it was purchased by the store at a relatively high price
and even at cost they couldn't sell it. I was actually thinking of
asking them if they'd consider breaking it up so I could buy the two
extra CD's...  it seems like a reasonable thing for a store to do.

tara