Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-30 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: "Burning Desire" Live CD

From: uli@zoodle.robin.de (Ulrich Grepel)
Date: Sat, 21 Aug 93 15:03 MET DST
Subject: Re: "Burning Desire" Live CD
To: glp@fig.citib.com (Greg Parkinson)
Cc: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET

> I bought a live Kate CD a few years ago - I assume
> it's a bootleg - called "Burning Desire".  The label
> states that it was recorded at the Hammersmith Odeon on
> 5/13/79.  For a bootleg, it's pretty reasonable quality.

It should have. It's one of the 5 CDs that are pirated copies of the
Hammersmith Odeon video soundtrack. Some of the CDs got it from
the LaserDisc, some not.

> Is it worth anything?  Or is this one of those that
> everyone already has?

It is worth to have as an easy way to listen to the great Hammersmith
soundtrack, but it's not the best of the CDs containing it. From a
collector's point of view it's one of the five CDs, not the first
and not the most seldom. So it's nothing truly special, but not
that bad too. I'd say its collector's value is the same as a normal
CD.

Bye,

Uli