Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-30 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: PG on MTV Awards, Rocketman B&W

From: uli@zoodle.robin.de (Ulrich Grepel)
Date: Sat, 21 Aug 93 14:57 MET DST
Subject: Re: PG on MTV Awards, Rocketman B&W
To: Alex Gibbs <arg@kilimanjaro.opt-sci.arizona.EDU>
Cc: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET

> The B&W Rocketman video was listed as
> > B.  "Rocketman," b&w video for The Awards, <?date>, 1993
> in the Aspel tape track list.  Since 15 or so seconds of the video
> appear in the US network TV special Two Rooms, the video must have
> been made before that airing (which was in early 1992 I think; I
> didn't check my tape).  Maybe it says something more about the video
> in the Two Rooms videotape that was for sale?

The video was shot to accompagny the single release of Rocketman, and that
was late 91 or early 92. It showed a few times on MTV Europe, a few more
times on Superchannel (UK satellite TV station), and not on MTV USA. The
Two Rooms video tape does unfortunately not contain the video. The 'The
Awards' video from 93 does contain it, it's the first time that it was
officially availlable.

Bye,

Uli