Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-29 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Grace Slick Fans....

From: giamomj@duvm.ocs.drexel.edu (Mike G.)
Date: 17 Aug 93 19:18:29 GMT
Subject: Re: Grace Slick Fans....
To: rec-music-gaffa@rutgers.edu
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news@noc.ocs.drexel.edu

In article <24p9hf$s8g@vtserf.cc.vt.edu> David Forbis,
dforbis@birch.ee.vt.edu writes:
>Did you hear about the time she tried to dose the president?
>
>Richard Nixon's daughter invited her to a White House party, where
>she planned to drop a pocketful of (powedered?) LSD into the punch.
>She never got past the security at the door.
>
>Too bad.  Could have changed politics, in my opinion.

Yeah - it's a funny story....

Grace's earliest years were pretty outrageous. She was "my Madonna" in
the '60s when I was a teenager.

I saw her on TV earlier this year. She looked quite youthful, considering
she's well past 50, and thin. I was glad for that. I just wish she'd do
music more regularly again...

******"Never pass up an opportunity to shut up...." ******