Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-29 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Addendum to previous message

From: gittings@liv.ac.uk (Chris Gittings)
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 1993 14:38:02 GMT
Subject: Re: Addendum to previous message
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news@liv.ac.uk (News System)

***SEMPSY*** (cmh205%cck.coventry.ac.uk@ib.rl.ac.uk) wrote:
> Apparently on Annie Nightingales show on radio 1 last night she played something
> to do with 'Rubberband Girl' but it wasn't the track itself.It was supposed to
> have been some spoken passage, she told listeners not to write in asking for it
> because it wasn't for sale.I can't a
> dd anything more to this because I'm only relaying what my brother told me.

> Andy Semple

Near the end of last night's "Annie Nightingale Request Show" on BBC
Radio 1 - the (only?) superb show on 1FM, Annie announced:

Now, a record arrived at Radio 1 this week, and I thought:  Wow, this
is exciting.  A CD, and it had Kate Bush "Rubberband Girl" and I
thought:  Um, that's exciting - new Kate Bush record.  I put it on;
this is what happened:

Female voice reading:

   See those trees bend in the wind.
   I feel they've got a lot more sense than me.
   You see, I try to resist.

   A rubberband bouncing back to life.
   A rubberband bend the beat.
   If I could learn to give like a rubberband,
   I'd be back on my feet.

   The music comes later.

"Annie N" again:  And that was it, the voice of Kate Bush, and it's
obviously a collector's item and no, you can't have it.  [It didn't
sound much like our KT, unless she's been taking elocution lessons.]

Chris.