Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-29 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: (no subject given!)

From: E Welsh <welsh@epcc.edinburgh.ac.uk>
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 1993 10:04:51 GMT
Subject: Re: (no subject given!)
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: UseNet News Admin <cnews@dcs.ed.ac.uk>

I thought I'd add a little to what clive@mdis.co.uk (Clive Backham) wrote:

> [Other records played. Other chat about why the album is called
>  The Red Shoes, with the usual answers about Micheal Powell's film]

Initially, when asked why the album was called The Red Shoes she responded
with "why not?" which frustrated Simon a little bit but got a giggle from
Diane and Rod (who do the weather and news respectively).

> [Simon thanks Kate for dropping in, and mutters things about EMI
>  publicity for failing to warn him. More records played]

He was referring to Kate's somewhat infuriatingly unhelpful answers, like:

SM: What can you tell us about "The Red Shoes" in relation to your other
    albums.

KB: It's more recent. It's not as old as some of the other ones.

SM: Hhmmm. Is there anything else you'd like to tell us about the album
    other than that it's not as old as the other ones.

KB: No.

I've Simon take the crap out of people for much less hassle than Kate gave
him. He managed to hold back for the most part or maybe he wasn't on form
today. Maybe he was in awe of her charm and couldn't bring himself to say a
bad word against her...

Btw, RB was allegedly also played on Radio Forth this morning.

/ Evan Welsh                                    <welsh@epcc.ed.ac.uk> \
\ Edinburgh Parallel Computing Centre               (+44 31 650 5960) /