Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-29 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Kate on the Radio (UK)

From: Scott Telford <s.telford@ed.ac.uk>
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 1993 10:05:25 GMT
Subject: Re: Kate on the Radio (UK)
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: UseNet News Admin <cnews@dcs.ed.ac.uk>

In article <9308160849.aa28424@gate.mdis.co.uk>, news@mdis.co.uk (News
System Admin) writes:

> As I was driving in to work this morning (Aug 16th), I turned on the
> radio and what should be playing but "Rubber Band Girl". I guess I

Yep, looks like the promos are out. My officemate tells me our local
station (Radio Forth) played RBG this morning too. And this was the one
morning I forgot to set my clock/radio alarm 8-(

> Back to "Rubber Band Girl". It sort of reminded me of "Ken" in parts.
> Is this the one Prince is on? It sounded like it could be him on guitar.

Probably. Certainly sounds like it to me. I prefer ETM (catchier, I
think) but none of the tracks really sound like the KaTe of old.

> So far so good. Imagine then my surprise when it transpires that
> her KaTeness herself had dropped in unannounced and was being
> informally interviewed between the records that are played. You

Aaarrgghhh!
(see above)

> SM: Now, you've only ever done the one tour, back in 1979. Are you
>     going to do another one soon?
>
> KB: I think it's extremely unlikely.

Look's like the irony of my new .sig has been vindicated 8-\

--
Scott Telford, Edinburgh Parallel Computing Centre,        <s.telford@ed.ac.uk>
University of Edinburgh, Mayfield Rd, Edinburgh, EH9 3JZ, UK. (+44 31 650 5978)