Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-28 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Tori Amos?

From: jimd@SSD.intel.com (Jim DePorter)
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 1993 03:10:02 GMT
Subject: Re: Tori Amos?
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: usenet@SSD.intel.com

brianr@cybernet.cse.fau.edu (Brian Robinson) writes:

>dcwalter@tomservo.b23b.ingr.com (Christian Walters) writes:

>> I just discovered Tori Amos last week.  I'd never heard of the girl
>> before, but my sister loaned me a bit after telling me she sounded a
>> little like Kate Bush.
>>
>> I really like what I've heard.  Does anyone have any information about
>> her?  is there a mailing list?  How many albums does she have?  Does
>> she have a new one coming out soon?  Things like that..

>	I'm a big Tori Amos fan also...  As far as I know, she has 1 real
>album adn a single that contains mixes of Crucify and winter, and covers of
>Smells Like Teeb Spirit (Yes, you read that right.), Thank you, and Angie.
>Her album is called Little Earthquakes, and her single is Crucify.

Yea, I just bought the soundtrack to Toys and she's on it. In some places
it sounds like KB. It's a great album, I bought it after watching the
Toys video and enjoying the music as much or more then the actual video.
It has Peter Gabriel, Grace Jones, Tori Amos, Thomas Dolby, Frankie
Goes to Hollywood and "Steve and Yolanda".

later,
jimd

--

			The past does not repeat itself