Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-28 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Commercial???

From: jdrukman%dlsun87@us.oracle.com (Jon Drukman)
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 93 11:26:37 PDT
Subject: Re: Commercial???
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

Meredith writes:
>"Kate Bush's most commercial and accessible album to date."
>:(
>I'm going to run far, far away.  Anybody wanna come with me?

yeah.

So, about this whole accessible/commercial thing...

Kate has been commercially successful (at least in the UK) from the
word "go" but I would hesitate to call "Wuthering Heights"
particularly accessible.  Accessible, as defined by record companies,
means "really safe music that sounds like everything else out there."
I think WH can hardly be counted in that boat.

--
Jon Drukman                                      jdrukman%dlsun87@us.oracle.com
Always note the sequencer - this will never let us down.