Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-28 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Kate song used on Cinemax ad

From: bilver!bdoherty@peora.sdc.ccur.com (Benjamin J Doherty)
Date: Mon, 9 Aug 1993 23:10:22 GMT
Subject: Re: Kate song used on Cinemax ad
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

In article <245vjg$rjq@bigguy.eng.ufl.edu> orear@ise.ufl.edu (Greg O'Rear) writes:
>For those of you who like to keep up with this sort of thing, Cinemax are
>using "I just know that something good is gonna happen" to advertise their
>programming.  It's not Kate singing, but it sounds OK (in a remixed, dancy
>sort of way).  I assume they're paying her royalties....

Actually, if it sounds kinda like this: "OOoowaooo I just KNOW that something
GOOD is gonna happen!  OOOOwaaahaOO" that would be the Utah Saints song.
They did sample Kate's voice in the song.  Cinemax would be paying Utah Saints
the royalties which would be in turn (hopefully) paid to Kate by Utah Saints.

--
internet: bdoherty@{bilver.oau.org|pro-magic.cts.com|delphi.com}
     bbs: Starkist: +1 407/859-9999