Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-28 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: SO and woman singer

From: bilver!bdoherty@peora.sdc.ccur.com (Benjamin J Doherty)
Date: Sat, 7 Aug 1993 10:56:56 GMT
Subject: Re: SO and woman singer
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

In article <9308070458.AA05099@kilimanjaro.opt-sci.arizona.edu> arg@kilimanjaro.opt-sci.arizona.EDU (Alex Gibbs) writes:
>Apparently unlike a few KT fans, I really like the song, maybe cause
>it and RUTH were how I first found out about Kate.  I first heard
>RUTH, which was enough to make me want to buy something, but a week
>after I heard RUTH, SO was released.  When I realized or found out (I
>don't remember) that it was Kate on So...  well, before long I had all
>of Kate's stuff!  First artist I had all the CDs of.  I was lucky to
>have heard RUTH on the radio at all here in Tucson.

I really like PG's music anyway, Kate is just an added benefit.  I really
think that they should do some duets together.  Their voices are SO (I've
been making puns like this all week) dissimilar but they blend so beautifully.
Of course, I think PG and Sinead O'Connor's voices are mismatched, maybe PG
is just as magical as Kate when it comes to knowing how to do something right
the first time and make it sound good, too.

I'm anxious to hear the extras on "The Red Shoes" to see if anyone else sings
besides the Trio Bulgarka.  I haven't been keeping very good track of this
info, so I'm sorry if I'm asking about old information.  Does anyone know
about any of this?

--
internet: bdoherty@{bilver.oau.org|pro-magic.cts.com|delphi.com}
     bbs: Starkist: +1 407/859-9999