Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-28 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: SO and woman singer

From: Alex Gibbs <arg@kilimanjaro.opt-sci.arizona.EDU>
Date: Fri, 6 Aug 1993 21:58:31 -0700
Subject: Re: SO and woman singer
To: gaffa-post@eddie.mit.edu
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

(Those reading net news: please forgive my double post.  I forget THIS
newsreader doesn't handle posts to moderated groups automatically.)

>Speaking of Don't Give Up, the song was played on a local television station
>here in Orlando, Florida as part of a public service announcement.  ONLY
>Kate was heard:  "When times get rough, you can still count on us, don't give
>up, please don't give up."  The PSA was for something like the Teenage Runaway
>Switchboard.

Speaking of it again, that same part was also used in an episode of
MTV's new Real World.

Apparently unlike a few KT fans, I really like the song, maybe cause
it and RUTH were how I first found out about Kate.  I first heard
RUTH, which was enough to make me want to buy something, but a week
after I heard RUTH, SO was released.  When I realized or found out (I
don't remember) that it was Kate on So...  well, before long I had all
of Kate's stuff!  First artist I had all the CDs of.  I was lucky to
have heard RUTH on the radio at all here in Tucson.
---
arg@kilimanjaro.opt-sci.arizona.edu