Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-28 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: When _When I was a Boy_?

From: neilg@sfu.ca (Neil K. Guy)
Date: Sat, 7 Aug 1993 01:58:22 GMT
Subject: Re: When _When I was a Boy_?
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news@sfu.ca

news%BBN@uunet.uu.net writes:

>Last I heard, the release date for Jane Siberry's new album _When I was a
>Boy_ was July 18. It still hasn't shown up anywhere in my area (Nashua, NH
>-- Boston, MA).

 Well, this won't help you any, but Siberry freaks in British Columbia
will be thrilled to learn that A&B Sound are flogging the new disc at
their competition-stifling super-discount price that's normally
reserved for new Janet Jackson or U2 albums. You can get the thing for
$12.88 plus a fair chunk of sales tax on top.

 I've listened through it once, and it's not bad. Like much of her
stuff I expect it'll grow on me, but this album has a lot of songs
that start an interesting vibe, then sort of dither out, and then kind
of start it up again. It's also got a few tracks that sound like
they're influenced by kind of dance grooves - much of the percussion
sounds more boppy than Jane's earlier stuff. Anyway, it's got its
moments, but I'm reserving judgement for now, I think.

 - Neil K. (n_k_guy@sfu.ca)