Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-28 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

More album news

From: ed@wente.llnl.gov (Ed Suranyi)
Date: Fri, 6 Aug 93 18:07:44 -0700
Subject: More album news
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET

The August issue of _ICE: The Monthly CD Newsletter_ has an item about
Kate Bush's new album.  Here's what it says.  My comments are
in the footnotes.

"Presently slated to arrive [. . .] on September 14 [*] from Columbia,
Kate Bush's new _The Red Shoes_ album is being called her most accessible,
commercial album to date by all who have heard it.  On board to help
out are guest luminaries Eric Clapton, Prince, Jeff Beck and David
Gilmour, generally appearing on one track apiece.  The album's 12
original compositions were recorded primarily at Bush's home studio,
making it a self-produced effort, with strings and brass reportedly
overdubbed at Abbey Road studios in London.

"'It's more commercial than anything I've heard Kate do,' says one
insider who's heard the album.  'There are certainly two -- if not
more -- top ten singles on it, certainly for the U.K., and that's
based on a few people's opinions.'  Another closely involved source
tells _ICE_, 'Certainly the two lead cuts, "Eat The Music" and
"Rubberband Girl," are as accessible as anything she's done in . . .
well, maybe forever.'"

It goes on to give the complete track listing, which we've seen
posted here before, then says, "The first single planned is 'Eat
The Music,' [**] with the CD single also containing a remix of the
song plus another track.  The cover of _The Red Shoes_ depicts,
appropriately, ballet shoes up on points, hand-tinted red, with a
'stormy background' behind them.  Bush is also working on what's
being called a 'movie' in support of the album." [***]

[*]  Latest word we have is of an October 5 release date for the album.

[**] Latest word is that the first single will now be "Rubberband
     Girl."

[***]  According to Peter Fitzgerald-Morris's last message, this movie
has actually been finished.  If true, this indicates a substantial
increase in Kate's productivity since the last album.

Ed
ed@wente.llnl.gov