Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-27 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Homeground - Help Needed

From: ed@wente.llnl.gov (Ed Suranyi)
Date: Mon, 2 Aug 93 11:43:43 -0700
Subject: Re: Homeground - Help Needed
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

In article <CB3Kuz.A4@exnet.co.uk>:
>The question we don't know the answer to is this: What is Sony/
>Columbia saying is the release date for the album and single in the
>USA?
>
>Will anyone who has been told the answer to this question by Sony
>please email me as a matter of urgency.

>H  Peter FitzGerald-Morris       H     H   GGGGGGG     "Have       H

I just called Columbia Records in Los Angeles.  It turns out that there
is a special number for recorded release date information, updated
weekly.  It is (310) 449-2505.

The release date is October 5, which is just what our latest news
is.  However, there is a mistake in the recording which may be
the cause of any confusion surrounding this issue.

In the USA, record releases are usually on Tuesday.  So the recording
starts by listing the releases scheduled for August 3.  Then Aug. 10,
Aug. 17, Aug. 24, Aug. 31, Sep. 7, Sep. 14, Sep. 21, Sep. 28.

Then the tape says, "August 5", and includes Kate.  It's clear from
the context, though, that the person making the tape simply made
a mistake, and meant October.  The tape then goes on to "August 12",
then on to "Uh, I mean October 19", indicating that he finally realized
his error.

Ed
ed@wente.llnl.gov