Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-27 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Jane Siberry: MM review

From: I.M.Young@birmingham.ac.uk (Ian Young)
Date: Sat, 31 Jul 1993 16:00:00 GMT
Subject: Jane Siberry: MM review
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.UU.NET
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news@woolfson-computer-laboratory.birmingham.ac.uk (Lovingly handcrufted)

Apologies if this dies horribly; in posting through a jury-rigged set up.

I just read this review in Melody Maker (a weekly UK music paper). I
thought it nicely capture the sense of excitement. It even -- somewhat
inevitably -- comes with its own ObKaTe. (BTW, if you think *this* is
hyperbolic, you should read the outroduction that he wrote for _The
Best of Furniture: She Gets out the Scrapbook_)

Out of interest, how well are The Blue Nile and Talk Talk known
outside the UK?