Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-27 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Demise of Ninth Wave TIFF file for T shirt B-(

From: ericf@netcom.com (Eric France)
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 1993 18:36:22 GMT
Subject: Re: Demise of Ninth Wave TIFF file for T shirt B-(
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

woj sez:
> actually, the poorly dithered ones are probably the ones that i whipped
> up using a really cheesy digitizer on a pc (stu's pc, if you're curious,
> eric). the ones that we made using the ikegamis and the amiga came out
> a lot better - respectable, in fact, as far as i'm concerned.

Hm.  Well, they'll compare favorably with any image which came from a
video source, I'll admit that, but many of the best scans -- made
with high-quality dedicated scanners, bypassing a digital-analog-
digital conversion process -- are demonstrably better, such as
the 900x900 TSW album cover.
Eric France            |  don't look back, look straight ahead, don't turn away
ericf@netcom.com       |  to the voice, it said, don't look back, yesterday's
Poughkeepsie, NY USA   |  gone, don't turn away, you can take it on... --RB